Never Say Never Again.

Always said that I'd never do an Autism based blog but heyho, my home town of Glasgow has decided to go all Autism-friendly even going as far as making a map of all the Spectrum-safe places in the city and awarding a rather spiffy Autism Aware badge (designed by an autistic pupil no less) to venues that are deemed worthy.





Anyway with all this effort being put in I thought it'd be churlish if I didn't enter into the spirit of Autism Awareness Month myself so decided to drop in on random venues listed and ask them loads of questions regarding their Autism policies.

But why would you do this I hear you cry?

Reasons, I mysteriously reply.

Oh go on then, it's because I have three Autistic children and am on 'ver Spectrum' (tho' not in Spectrum - the Captain Blue outfit was taken) myself.

Good enough reasons I reckon.


"SIG Colonel White! Spectrum is a lifelong developmental disability that affects how people perceive the world and interact with others." - (The original Captain Scarlet catchphrase didn't really catch on).




No doubt I'll post other random stuff too (and the occasional rant) so sit back - but not too far back as you wont be able to see the screen, unless you're reading on a phone obviously - and enjoy an exciting (yet pleasingly simple and short) trip around Glasgow's Autism friendly venues.

Each venue will have a separate post as to make it easier to find.

And to make it look like I've written more (as we all know long articles are much more intelligent and fact-filled) obviously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cop Out.

Spectrum Sinema: The Return.

Do Autists Dream of Electric Sheep?