(Un)Comfortably Numb.

Well after almost 3 years of trying to sort out something as simple as assistance for college travel for the girls (you can find the whole tale on this blog if you're interested) and now trying to do it for our youngest too the constant grind of social work inactivity/not caring/general incompetence coupled with the constant pile of endless paperwork (be it for bursaries or accidentally cancelled adult DLA or guardianship) I can finally say I'm done.

I literally have no energy (or fucks) left to give.

I can't think of any organization in Glasgow - from education to local authority to local government or social work) that actually seems to care about Autistic issues at all and I'm worn out.

Emotionally and physically.

Our kids are 20 and 18.

The ONLY support we've ever requested in nearly 20 years is help getting them to and from college.

That's it.

Nothing else.

And guess what?

We're still waiting.

Fucking brilliant eh?

I'm actually typing thru blurred vision and a pre-Autistic shutdown head just to give me something to focus on as trying to figure out the next step is beyond me at this point.

All I can say is this - to anyone in a position of authority or with a duty of care in Glasgow you should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St Mungo Museum of Religious Life and Art.

Riverside Museum/Kelvingrove Art Gallery.

World Autism Acceptance Week: Trim that Fringe.