Autism Hears Itself.

Well that's me back home and (mostly) recovered from the UK premiere of AUTISM PLAYS ITSELF at the Edinburgh Film Festival yesterday and what a day it was.

 


 

Yes it was great to finally meet my fellow contributors in the flesh (and yes, they were very lovely) and catch up with the director Janet Harbord after what seems like an age but more importantly (and scarily) it was brilliant - and daunting - to watch the film with an actual audience.

Obviously I made merch.

And I'm happy to say it seemed to go down fantastically, the audience members I spoke to appeared to just 'get it'....much chat, laughs and excited social interaction ensued.

 

Team Autism Assemble!

 

To be honest I'm still processing the whole thing here so no doubt I'll come back to it at some point when I've fully recovered but suffice to say it would be an understatement to say that this is one of the pieces of work I'm most proud of.

I hope you can all see it at some point.
 
But whilst you're waiting for that you can actually listen to a version of it on the Radio 4 series Short Cuts hosted by Josie Long from today.
 
And yes it's been so difficult to keep all this a secret!
 

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St Mungo Museum of Religious Life and Art.

Riverside Museum/Kelvingrove Art Gallery.

World Autism Acceptance Week: Trim that Fringe.