Ibis and Novotel.

Back again with a couple more reviews and this time it's the first of the three hotels featured on the Glasgow Autism map.

First up is the Ibis on 220 West Regent St. - I'll be honest and say that to begin with I was a wee bit confused as to why/how hotels would be on the list so headed along in a much nosier mood than usual and wondering how it would all work.

I shouldn't have worried as the staff - even tho' they were really busy - had plenty of time to sit down and talk me thru' what they had planned as well as what they already do.

It's then that it hit me, hotels are all about hospitality and making the customers stay more enjoyable so obviously it's a good idea to be aware of peoples needs.

I can be quite thick at times.






The staff member (whose name escapes me - sorry as you were great) explained how that the hotel already caters to/for Autistic customers, giving examples of how they work to make one particular visitors stay more enjoyable and how this tied in to the training that the staff recently undertook in order to win the coveted Autism Aware badge.

Plus I was offered coffee which is always a bonus.

Basically phone in advance when you book and they'll get you sorted.

Literally 2 minutes away on the corner of the street is the Novotel City Centre and although a much bigger hotel when compared to the Ibis the staff still have a very personal and hands on approach when it comes to working with their Autistic customers.





As soon as I walked in and asked for info the receptionist went and got the hotel day manager who again took the time to sit and explain what they currently do/have planned and in both instances I was really impressed by their commitment to 'the cause'.

In both cases I was treated really well and given lots of time and attention.

And if they can do that for some random guy off the street asking a load of inane questions them it bodes well for the weary Autistic traveler.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cop Out.

Spectrum Sinema: The Return.

Do Autists Dream of Electric Sheep?