Glasgow Science Centre.

One of the venues I've not been round to visit yet - well I have actually been a few times and once, scarily enough had an instillation or two in there but you know what I mean - Glasgow Science Centre (home of Nina And The Neurons) is introducing Autism friendly sessions from 9.00am until 11.00am on the following dates:

Sunday 20th May 2018 - 9.00am until 11.00am

Sunday 17th June 2018 - 9.00am until 11.00am

Sunday 15th July 2018 - 9.00am until 11.00am

Sunday 19th August 2018 - 9.00am until 11.00am



Weird Science!




According to the PR stuff during these sessions they will be lowering the volume and softening the lights to allow visitors with autism to enjoy their trip to the Science Centre with minimal stress plus they will also have cosy corners and quiet spaces throughout the building, with weighted blankets and ear defenders for visitors to use if they need them.


It's a good start so all we have to do now is start persuading folk to have their Autism aware sessions at times that don't involve you having to get three kids (and one adult) with ASD ready and out of the house by 8:00 on a Sunday morning.


I mean I could be cynical (but I wont be) and say that the early sessions strike me as an attempt to make a wee bit of cash at times when otherwise it wouldn't be busy.

So venues prove me wrong and have an Auism Aware session (or three) on at 12 till 4.

The cost for entry to these sessions, for adults and children with autism, is £9. One accompanying adult will be given free entrance.

You can call 0141 420 5000 for more information.

And I'll be over to review it within the next few weeks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spectrum Sinema: The Return.

Cop Out.

Do Autists Dream of Electric Sheep?