Same old scene....


It's the final countdown to the summer holidays where we have 6 weeks of fun and frolics with our brood. The girls are excited about going into 4th year whilst the Cass-Man is just thinking about the extra time he's got to eat chocolate.

I'm preparing myself for a major routine change whilst planning a trip 'darn sarf' as well as getting set to nosy about at Glasgow City Councils Autism Aware Initiative training day and to top it off today is the school end of term bash.

So why am I at home and not attending this big celebration?

Well thanks to an ongoing issue* that appears (to me anyway) to be getting 'sorted' by being ignored in the hope it'll go away (a fairly well know NT thing from what I can gather) I'm left here feeling slightly unwelcome and maybe, just maybe a wee bit odd due to how I deal with stuff.

I'd honestly love to be there but heyho I'll just sit in the house and brood, I mean I wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable cos we all know how good we are at that.


A picture to illustrate an analogy earlier today.


Autism awareness/acceptable is great (obviously) and kudos for those that try but you have to be aware too that (very) occasionally if you're not doing it right you're gonna get called on it - don't be freaked out by that just listen, think and do what you have to do to make it right.

And if you feel uncomfortable and outside your safe zone then frankly that's a good thing because you can now fully empathize as to how we feel.

Every.

Single.

Day.



I'd end with my usual 'rant over - normal service will be resumed as soon as' shtick but to be honest stuff like this just wears you down to a point where you have absolutely no energy after all the pushing, explaining and interacting to do anything else.

Loads of autie folk use the spoons analogy, I myself - cos I'm pedantic obviously - prefer Jenga.

You begin each day with a nicely stacked Jenga game and very interaction involves carefully pulling a block away hoping the whole thing doesn't collapse.

Most of the time it works out OK but occasionally it'll all come crashing down around you - or at the very least get a wee bit wobbly.

Right now I'm at a point where it's less about putting the pieces together and more like trying to find out who's set fire to the box.

That's what 6 months of near constant stress regarding the same issues can do.

And now it's the summer.

So add another 6 weeks to that.

Oh joy.


Normal service etc....






































*Being a grown up I wont randomly post the whole sorry tale just yet but when I do it's gonna be as a full colour comic strip to tie in with the film adaptation.

Just saying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cop Out.

Spectrum Sinema: The Return.

Do Autists Dream of Electric Sheep?