Vaccine View.

Got my Covid vaccine yesterday (AstraZeneca if you're interested) so thought I'd pop a few things down that may be useful for any other autie/aspie folk who are worried about getting it.

You're welcome.

Got mine over at the Glasgow Club Donald Dewar, it's big, bright and the staff are fab - which helps if, like me you're feeling a wee bit stressed.

 


 

My advice is to take a wee bit of time when you get there to get used to the various (clinical) smells and sounds as it was a fair bit to take in to begin with plus if like me you find it a bit unsettling to talk to folk in masks (as I've said before I usually focus on folks noses which is impossible now) let them know - I did and the Doctor that dealt with me was really accommodating.

And no it doesn't hurt at all.

Which if like me you hate needles is a bonus.

 


 

The after-effects of the vaccine didn't hit me till about 12 hours later and have ranged from a swollen and tender arm to cold sweat shakes but as of this morning I'm starting to get back to some kind of normality.

Tho' oddly enough it's almost like I can now 'smell' the vaccine and to some extent have decided on what Covid tastes and smells like.*

I'm assuming that other folk do this and not just me!

So I'm spending the day drinking strong tea in the hope of getting my tastebuds back to normal.

More as it happens!




























*It's Old Holborn tobacco mixed with powdered drinking chocolate if that helps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cop Out.

Spectrum Sinema: The Return.

Do Autists Dream of Electric Sheep?