Autism Acceptance Week: Autitune!

 



I've posted about music - and music related stuff - on loads of occasions, especially after a late night chat regarding my fairly amazing autistic memory bank and the ability to remember exactly where and when I heard my favourite songs or saw my favourite films for the first time in minute detail.

 
For example Tears of A Clown, 30 April 1975....followed a news report on the fall of Saigon, I was sitting cross legged in front of our old stereo in the maisonette we lived in in Coseley (or Wallbrook as the area was known then).
 
Oh yes, and we had this wallpaper (I insisted).
 
 

 





Anyway, in a musical vein (see? it all links together) and to add a wee bit of fun and hopefully brighten things up this Autism Acceptance Week (fudge knows I need it) I thought I'd do a post about Autistic type tracks, basically songs I feel sum me up or I just enjoy! 

 

Hopefully you might too.


 


 

First up (from me) my own personal Autism anthem....
 

 

 And the song that reminds me of the podlings and their pals....

 





I've also appropriated 'Losing Sleep' by the genius that is Edwyn Collins as a top 'Tism tune too! :)

 


Special interests anyone?


 

Rho kindly added that this sums things up for her!



Teenage years?....got it covered!


In more ways than one...


Dating?




And if we're at the whole dating/relationships/emotional thing then this - but mainly because it's probably THE greatest song and vocal performance ever committed to vinyl....and the only pop tune that can reduce me to tears every time....
 

Hmmm....should really cheer the thread up a wee bit...
 

 

If stimming was a song.....
 

 
 Oh you like film and music? Well cinema sounds don't get more Autistic than this....and Quorra's haircut was cool too.
 

 
 Sticking with teenage kicks and cinema, this is a go to for me as it's from probably THE best movie about alienated youth ever....the mighty Times Square....goosebumps.
 

 
And while we're at it, I can't ignore the song from the soundtrack that's by an #actuallyautistic singer....



Mighty mixes of music and movement are always a thing in our house....and Cass is no exception - he's obsessed with this....and why not? The Aquabats Pool Party!



To be continued....
 
plus as a wee treat you can listen to the whole thing here:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cop Out.

Spectrum Sinema: The Return.

Do Autists Dream of Electric Sheep?