Shopkins!

Noticed I'd been a wee bit serious/ranting/rantingly serious of late (cheers to all who replied!) and looking back I realized I'd totally forgotten to post about how brilliant our local Morrisson's has been during lockdown.

After the experience we had with the mad woman shouting at Amelia back in March - which was dealt with brilliantly by George the security man - the shop and staff have been absolutely amazing, from telling us to phone for items we needed during the great food shortage wars to allowing us priority access and generally being lovely (always asking how the kids, and myself, are) we as a family couldn't ask for nicer folk.

And it's even more appreciated when you realise the pressure they're under too.

It's refreshing to find anyone - not just a shop - that's willing to listen and then actually act - on the advice and needs of the autistic community.

Brilliant.




Also have to say a big 'thank you' to our local Aldi as they've been brilliant too which reminded me of an amusing thing that happened a week or two ago.

Whilst preparing tea we realised that we'd forgotten to buy potatoes so I just jumped out to Aldi who, you might not realize give priority access to carers so you don't have to queue.....anyway I pulled out my carers card (and my blue I'm autistic be nice card) and asked if anyone minded me jumping in to be met with a load of 'gawd bless you for doing such an important job!' comments followed by a small round of applause as I went in.

I didn't know whether to die of embarrassment or just bask in the glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spectrum Sinema: The Return.

Cop Out.

Do Autists Dream of Electric Sheep?