On The Town.

Just a quickie today as there's loads going on (our modem getting repaired for one thing) but thought I'd mention the fact that I popped into Glasgow city centre today for the first time since lockdown started.

And in case you're wondering yes, I am wearing a Dave Hill T-Shirt. Look I'm from the Black Country so sue me.

Rho and the girls have already ventured into town last week but I've been really nervous so decided to pop in on my own first and visit a (very) few shops I know in order to get back into the whole shopping routine.

Plus after hearing a fair few horror stories online regarding exemption passes I thought it'd be easier to argue the point on my own (if needed) than when I had the twin engines of destruction with me!

I shouldn't have worried tho' as actually everyone I dealt with was absolutely great.

And who were they and what shops did I visit?

Well if I tell you please don't judge.

As always the staff at Westerton train station where brilliant - as were the staff at Central on my journey home - acknowledging the Sunflower lanyard but never making too much of a fuss.

First up was Primark (purveyors of my fave trousers and label-less T-shirts that don't itch) and happy to say that the staff were all friendly with no mask shaming and the store was really nicely marked out which is always a bonus even had time to chat which alleviated my panicky notions no end.

Top marks there then!

Next I braved the St Enoch centre (which you may remember I reviewed way back here when I first started 'the blogging') so was kinda confident that it'd be alright, which it was actually with the staff at the entrance quietly acknowledging the/my lanyard and not making a fuss.

Same in the Disney Store (what can I say? Cassidy wanted a new Darth Vader toy) plus again everyone was dead friendly and chatty.

Tho' that might just be because I get very over-friendly and way too chatty when nervous!

George Square looks odd....no amusing captions because it just does.




Last on my list was a quick jaunt to Union Street Fopp - a store which again has always been disability friendly - and where I got into a really cool chat about not only exemption lanyards but all manner of Covid-based shop talk from the staff who genuinely seem to want to make this strange new world of social distance shopping that wee bit easier for everyone.

Kudos to you all.

So I reckon that - again - Glasgow folk seem to be putting in that extra effort to make things easier and more accessible during "these trying times" as my nan would say.

No doubt some place will mess it up at some point but until then, I'm pretty happy.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cop Out.

Spectrum Sinema: The Return.

Do Autists Dream of Electric Sheep?