A Quick Ask....

Between my last post/rant and life in general it's been a fairly stressful few weeks not helped by the fact that as soon as a Covid vaccine gets announced the whole "vaccines cause autism" bollocks flares up again on t'internet quickly followed by the news that Glasgow is going to phase 4 lockdown Friday meaning that my Twitter news feed is choc full of "my child can wear a mask/I have no face and manage to wear one so you can too!" posts.

And to be honest the sick, twisty feeling in my stomach means I really can't be doing with it.

I remember posting previously how the whole Covid situation has made it feel like I was running on emergency battery power with absolutely no purpose or idea as to why or how I was doing anything.

As I said then, I usually work from home so I'd gone from having my own space and routines to a houseful of folk all with different needs and routines that (quite rightly) come first.

Yes we've been back to school and shopping since August which has helped but work wise I'm kinda still adrift (who knew we wouldn't need illustrators during a global pandemic?)  and the things that punctuate my year (various film type fests, my trip down south, the podlings Liverpool holiday) haven't happened and I've no idea when or if they will again.

You see, being in a situation with ever changing rules and with no idea how - or when - it will end has basically worn me out.

You almost forget about everything until something like the snidey comments and uneducated opinions just sends you back into the treacle wading, drunken calm that was almost the default setting over the summer.
 
I think what I'm trying to say is maybe think a wee bit and give us autistic adults a break.
 
Oh yes, and maybe try not to make us feel like shite.
 
Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cop Out.

Spectrum Sinema: The Return.

Do Autists Dream of Electric Sheep?