Saturday Kitchen.

Phew....Mad, mental morning here....

laydees are away for the weekend (they have a performance with the Helena Markos Tanz Dance Academy) so Cass and myself have a lads weekend.

All well and good till I get up this morning to find the entire kitchen fused.

I quickly unplug everything but to no avail - the fusebox is still clicking off - worried that the leak we're still waiting on getting repaired has affected the electrics (I'm not an electrician so who knows?)...still no power so I ring the repair line....As I'm doing this Cass decides that the best way to clean a PS game is to totally reset the system....meltdowns ensue as the screen is suddenly 4:3.

This is not helped by the fact that the morning art gallery trip is now cancelled so we can get a repair man out....cooker is still working so try to boil water in a pot.

Easy eh?

Well it would be if my by now overwhelmed and almost meltdown stage brain could actually differentiate  'tween rings.

Burning kitchen roll and melting stuff ensues.

Finally boil the water and surprise - I've forgotten how to lift a pot....I suddenly notice I have (really uncomfortably) warm feet and trousers.

Ouch.

But as luck would have it the repair is early (we have a four hour window).

Explain the situation - and that I'm not a mentalist just having an Autistic freakout - and he's fine.

Warns me that I may have to clear the kitchen tho' but by this point I'm so frazzled I could happily torch the place.

After much examination it appears I forgot to uplug a thing.

Just one thing.

And that's the issue.

Mortified I apologize for being useless and wasting everyone's time but he's great about it.

"And guess what? He didn't check all the plugs....idiot!"

 

 

He leaves, I finally make a cuppa and cry as not only am I now feeling totally burned out but also worried that I can't be trusted on my own, let alone looking after (my own) kids.

Damn my Autistic brain.

And why am I posting this?

It's because sometimes I'm so busy oversharing the positives - it's a very conscious kickback against all those "Woe is me! 'Autism Warrior Parent' blogs - that I forget to say that being an Autistic adult (let alone parent) can be fucking hard work.

Seriously my head is fucked and I feel hungover....it looks like the art gallery tomorrow instead (which makes me feel like shit for letting Cass down) so gonna attempt a canal walk today as a compromise.

But to be honest I'd rather hide.

And that's the end of my TED talk.

But saying that I do have to point out that no matter how shite everything seems at the moment, at least I don't live in a world where Tombs of the Blind Dead was once atrociously repackaged as a Planet Of The Apes sequel.

Oh hang on...




 

I'll get my coat....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cop Out.

Spectrum Sinema: The Return.

Do Autists Dream of Electric Sheep?