Journey South.

Heading down to good old London Town in a few weeks for a really important (and very exciting) work project so the last few days since finding out (and the next couple of weeks or so) were/will be filled to the brim with me nervously trying to plan my trip in the minutest detail.

 

Hopefully I don't get this lost.

 

Regular (?) readers of this blog may remember my posts regarding my last journey to the big smoke and have an idea of what Autistic planning actually entails.


You see, as I wrote previously, your common or garden NT type of journey planning would probably go like this:






Whereas I need printed pages of Google Maps, timetables for every form of transport I'm getting (2 trains and the London underground) alongside notes of when to snack on the journey and a load of emergency phone numbers in case I get lost, for example here's a - small - sample of the information I needed last time I visited in order to answer the simple question:

"How do I get to my hotel?"


So whenever I travel anywhere further than to the shops (and yes, that includes going thru' to Edinburgh) I have pages and pages of this all printed off for my journey.

And guess what?

I can still get confused.
 
Like trying to navigate the tube last time.

Luckily I remembered that the Underground Ernie theme lists all the subway stations so figured it out that way.

  
Thank you Miles Hunt.
 
Luckily this time everything is getting organised for me (fingers crossed) so I only have to fixate on the journey from the train station to my hotel (oh and putting together a mix that lasts the entire journey) so to be honest it's (slightly) less stressful than normal.

Plus the Sunflower lanyard/train assisted travel is a great help!

More as it happens.....wish me luck!
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spectrum Sinema: The Return.

Cop Out.

Do Autists Dream of Electric Sheep?