The Neverending Story.

I have a very important and very serious meeting on Friday regarding transitioning from school to further education and realised that I'd not updated the whole Social Work/transition to higher education efforts for quite a while.

Or posted anything of any worth probably.

The reasons for this are twofold.

One is just the whole stress of the situation with getting support for the kids has had a fairly negative effect on me health-wise (stress-inflicted psoriasis covering about 60% of my body and bleeding everywhere anyone? Absolutely great when suffering from that old Autistic bugbear of Body dysmorphic disorder - which I've had since my teens - which has reared its ugly head again) add to this the whole lack of sleep and trying to get the house repaired after 3 years of waiting and get paid - cheers Paypal) and you can probably see why I've stuck to amusing and light posts of late.

The other is the fact that it felt that after almost 2 years of being left in limbo (and almost 19 years of waiting for any support at all - social work or otherwise) that it had gotten just way too much to deal with.

My/our health (mental and physical) was taking just too much of a beating.

My life...every. Single. Day.


 

The lack of time to get everything that is needed done, done - lack of sleep and lack of any resolution to the myriad of things actually needing resolved has gotten me to a point where I feel like just going "fuck it" and see what happens - and who turns up - when everything just collapses in a heap around us.

This year has been especially tricky seeing as the highs and lows have been huge....one week I'm working in London on an Autistic documentary commentary (look I know my stuff, sorry if that bugs you) then the next thing I know I'm having to fight folk to take my experiences seriously or just getting shuffling, uncomfortable glances when I speak.

And I don't just mean randomly in the street I mean at events I've been invited to. 

And the week after that I'm doing (quite well received if I say so myself) Autism-based comedy monologues at the Edinburgh Fringe.

Honestly a wee bit of consistency would be nice.

But there may be light at the end of the tunnel (whatever that means, I'm shit at stuff like that) as I've just found out that we may finally be offered assistance for the girls!

Fingers crossed it's in place before they finish up in May otherwise it kinda feels like a (slight) kick in the teeth.....tho' they've expressed interest in staying on for another year if allowed so here's hoping.

Only thing now is what do we do with the huge box of train tickets we've had to collect over the last 18 months?

Apart from decorate the house with them that is.


The bureaucracy of social care.



So could that be the end of this whole debacle? 
 
Well now we're starting the whole process again with our youngest so it could go either way seeing as there appears to be only one campus in the entire of Glasgow that is suitable and if we can't get a support worker/budget in place he wont be able to attend.

Oh joy.

Luckily the staff at that one don't seem to be in the habit of shouting down Autistic questions so it's not all bad.

Well done inclusive Glasgow hope you're proud of yourself - and the fact that you announced way back in 2018 that you'd be Europe's most Autistic friendly city by 2024.

Who knows tho' maybe you're going to surprise us in the next 3 weeks.*

What I'm trying to say is that it's fucking hard at times.

Updates no doubt to follow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*That, by the way was sarcasm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cop Out.

Spectrum Sinema: The Return.

Do Autists Dream of Electric Sheep?