A Quick Ask....

Not usually grumpy first thing in the morning but noticed a huge upturn in folk self-righteously posting about masks across social media so just wanted to post a wee reminder.

Seriously, if you can (And do) wear a face mask that's brilliant, knock yerself out but don't keep saying that if you/your dog/your Nan can do it anyone can.

I can't because if I do I have a total autistic sensory meltdown and will end up in a ball in the corner of the shop and I really shouldn't be being made to feel like shit because of this.

I tried for two weeks to wear one and if I'm honest the stress vomiting and cold shakes aren't really that pleasant when you're getting set to go out for bread and milk.

Or during.

The whole point is those that can wear them do it to protect those that can't, not to shame them so they feel (in my case at least) less a 'normal' person than everyone else.

To be honest I've had enough of that growing up without needing reminding of it during lockdown too.

Or should we just be made to stay at home locked away because, you know, we don't matter.

"I was no-one without the mask!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cop Out.

Spectrum Sinema: The Return.

Do Autists Dream of Electric Sheep?