Celebrating the utterly Autistic (I'm claiming her, deal with it) genius of Delia Derbyshire, the high priestess of British electronic music. Nuff said.
Absolutely fucking gutted here today, was waiting for Amelia to finish college and found out via X that Dave Ball had died at the tragically young age of 66, so I spent a fair bit of the afternoon sitting on the steps of GoMA listening to Soft Cell on my headphones whilst trying to process the news. And yes, I'll admit there were tears. You see, as folk who know me (and who've read this blog) will attest, Soft Cell are my favourite band - and Marc Almond is my hero. But that's for another day. I've already posted about the importance of Marc and Dave way back in 2022 but wanted not just to repost it but add a little more Dave to the mix. A kinda text remix if you will. I hope he'd approve. Being the awkward Autistic artsy teen constantly picked on in school, obsessed with horror films, sci-fi and Warhol, Marc and Dave were a lifeline and Soft Cell's dark electropop perfectly encapsulated everything I felt...and everything that terrified me too.... T...
Been a wee bit quiet on the whole house moving front at the moment, partly due to having absolutely no idea what's going on but mainly due to the fact that there's probably going to be pretty harsh legal consequences to how it's been dealt with by the housing officer so reckoned it was best to keep quiet and make notes in the meantime. However all that seems to have changed a few weeks back when we received a phone call to tell us that the housing officer had left their job suddenly for a new one (who knew there was a huge job market for sociopaths?) and that we needed to get a meeting regarding the house move as she'd not done the job handover or put anything in place. Obviously we then kinda assumed that we wouldn't be getting the keys on 1st April as promised and wouldn't be able to start moving stuff. But as a plus point we now don't have to deal with what was probably the most vindictive, manipulative and downright rude person I have ever encountered ...
Comments
Post a Comment